A Thief Returned To Steal Family's Second Car While They Were On The Phone Reporting The First Theft

A man has been jailed after he stole a family's car while they were out and then returned to steal their second car as they were on the phone to police reporting the first theft.

Tristram Spencer has been jailed for 7 years at Guildford Crown Court
Tristram Spencer has been jailed for 7 years at Guildford Crown Court

After Tristram Spencer was charged, he burgled at least one other property, and again went back to steal his victim's car as the victim was on the phone to police to report a break-in.

35-year-old Tristram Spencer, a career criminal is now starting a seven-year prison sentence.

Spencer became under investigation by police in January 2021 after reports of a burglary at a residential property in Banstead, Surrey.

The owners of the property returned home to find their Jaguar XFR had been stolen and the rear patio doors of their home had been smashed and various items taken.

While on the phone, reporting the crime to the police, the car that the victims had returned home in was also stolen.

Authorities launched a search for both of the stolen vehicles but found neither of them.

During the investigation, police found CCTV that showed the suspect returning to steal the second vehicle after the burglary. Tristram Spencer was arrested on 1 February 2021 on suspicion of burglary, theft of a motor vehicle, and various driving offences.

Spencer was bailed and then later charged in August of 2021.

While awaiting his trial, Spencer once again came to the attention of police on 16 February 2022 after a burglary in Fetcham, Surrey. The owner of the property had returned home to find the rear patio doors had been smashed and numerous items had been stolen.

Again, while the victim was on the phone to the police, he witnessed his BMW being driven away from his driveway.

The stolen car keys had a tracker tag attached, which allowed the police to see a live location of where they were, leading officers to an address in Beckenham, South East London.

Spencer was found at the address and arrested by police.

He was jailed for 7-years and Guildford Crown Court after pleading guilty to multiple offences.

PC Joseph Brown of Surrey Police Said: "Spencer had no remorse for his victims. "Having just caused devastation within the victims' homes, he would brazenly return whilst the victims were reporting these crimes to steal what can only be described as their last financial asset from under their noses. "He would make the journey to Surrey and Berkshire, specifically targeting properties, breaking into people's homes, and taking anything of value he could get his hands on.

"Having been given an opportunity by the courts initially to consider the crimes he had committed in Banstead, he showed total disregard to the judicial system and the victim's by continuing to offend. "This has been a thorough investigation which has resulted in a substantial sentence, meaning a prolific burglar is off the streets. "I would like to take this opportunity to thank colleagues and especially members of the public who came forward to provide us with vital information and CCTV which proved crucial in this case, which gave Spencer no option but to plead guilty to his crimes."

Snapchat Sex 'Predator' Sexually Abused Young Girls After Plying Them With Alcohol


Thanks for subscribing!