Liverpool Man In Court After Punching Boy, 12, Who Threw Eggs At His Car

A father from Liverpool has appeared in court after he punched a 12-year-old boy who threw eggs through an open window of his car., hitting his unwell son.

Vincent Peters,27, (left) outside Liverpool Magistrates Court
Vincent Peters,27, (left) outside Liverpool Magistrates Court

Vincent Peters, 27, lashed out last year on East Prescot Road, in the Old Swan area of Liverpool after his young son was struck by one of the eggs.

Peters dragged the 12-year-old boy to the floor before punching him, the incident reportedly left the boy bruised, terrified, and in fear of being kidnapped.

Prosecutor, Tanya Berridge-Burley, said the victim, who cannot be named because of his age, was part of a group of kids that were throwing eggs at cars on East Prescot Road on August 1, 2021.

Ms Berridge-Burley told Liverpool Magistrates' Court that the boy then threw eggs at Peters' blue Skoda as it approached the junction with Leinster Road. Peters proceeded to jump out of his car while shouting at the group of youths, before running after the boy that threw the eggs.

She said: "The defendant has then stopped the victim by grabbing him and pulling him to the floor and then assaulted him by punching him."

Ms Berridge-Burley then added that Peters walked the boy around the corner onto Broadgreen Road and punched him again before the 12-year-old ran off.

Peters was arrested after the children in the group took pictures of his car, allowing police to identify him. The court was told how the boy had lumps and bruises from the assault and he had told police he was terrified, as he thought Peters was going to kidnap him.

Peters, who has no previous convictions for violence, initially pleaded not guilty but admitted assault by beating in June.

Christopher Bivon, defending, told the court how Peters was appalled by the way he acted and said "the red mist descended" due to concerns about the health of his child.

Mr Bivon added that his child had been in and out of hospital for days prior to the incident, suffering from seizures caused by high temperatures. As a result, Peters had left the window of his car down and when he saw one of the eggs hit his son, he feared another seizure could be triggered. Mr Bivon added: "I think the backdrop of what happened in hospital, in addition to the fear of a further seizure, meant the red mist has descended and he has done what he has done.

"He is disgusted by what he did. He clearly is remorseful and he clearly accepts that his behaviour was unacceptable."

Mr Bivon appealed to the magistrates not to give Peters a prison sentence and told the court how he worked multiple jobs in order to provide for his family. The magistrates handed Peters an 18-month community order and ordered him to complete 200 hours of unpaid work and 20 rehabilitation days. He must pay the prosecution costs, a victim surcharge, and £100 compensation to the boy.

Utah Man Accused Of Starting Huge Wildfire While Trying To Burn A Spider


Thanks for subscribing!