• Donkey Junk

Man Electrocuted Himself After Drilling Through Mains Power Cable & Suffered Cardiac Arrest

A man in Swindon, Wiltshire, caused a major power outage after drilling through a mains electricity cable in his garden, the DIYer suffered a huge electric shock, causing him to have a cardiac arrest.


The man suffered a cardiac arrest as a result of the huge electric shock
The man suffered a cardiac arrest as a result of the huge electric shock

A man in Swindon, Wiltshire, UK, electrocuted himself when he accidentally drilled through a mains electricity cable under his garden, causing a huge power outage.


The incident triggered a major emergency response with two air ambulances arriving at the scene.



The man drilled through the electricity cable at approximately 9:40am on Friday when he was carrying out DIY work at his home in Swindon.


Authorities said that the man suffered a cardiac arrest as a result of the huge electric shock that he received.


The burnt-out drill at the scene of the DIY accident in Swinton
The burnt-out drill at the scene of the DIY accident in Swindon

Multiple emergency services attended the property including Thames Valley Air Ambulance, Wiltshire Air Ambulance, A BASICS doctor, and two ambulance service Hazardous Area Response Teams, two fire engines as well as Wiltshire police also attended.


Once the man was stabilised by paramedics he was transferred to Southmead Hospital in Bristol.



The incident cause a local electricity outage that was later restored by West and West Utilities.


At Least 16 Killed And 150 Injured After Huge Fire Causes Multiple Explosions At Container Plant





SUBSCRIBE TO GET EVERY STORY TO YOUR MAILBOX

Thanks for subscribing!