Pictures Emerge Of The Dog Involved In Attack That Left A Man Dead In Wrexham, Wales

A 62-year-old man died following a dog attack at a home in Wrexham, Wales. Mr Keven Jones was looking after the American Bully type dog for his son and daughter-in-law when the incident occurred.

62-year-old Keven Jones died after being attacked by American Bully type dog, Cookie-Doe (pictured)
62-year-old Keven Jones died after being attacked by American Bully type dog, Cookie-Doe (pictured)

Chanel Nicole Fong, the owner of a dog involved in a fatal attack at a house in Wrexham, Wales, described the incident as the "worst day of her life", the victim was her father-in-law, Keven Jones, who died following the incident at her home.

Ms Fong had asked her father-in-law to look after her dogs as she would be out for parts of the day, she had previously said that Mr Jones was the only person who was capable of handling her dogs apart from herself and her husband Josh (Mr Jones's son) who was away in London when the attack took place.

At around 11:20 am on Monday while Ms Fong was getting ready to go out, she said that she heard Mr Jones in the kitchen telling Cookie-Doe, the dog that bit him, to get off him.

The owners of the dog, Chanel and Josh
The owners of the dog, Chanel and Josh

According to Ms Fong, she went into the room and told the dog to get down, which it apparently did.

In a post on social media, Ms Fong said she could see blood coming from the leg of Mr Jones, she said she grabbed the dog's blanket and attempted to stem the blood flow from the wound. She explained how she carried her father-in-law to the sofa and called an ambulance.

Ms Fong said that the 62-year-old Keven Jones grabbed her shoulder and told her he knew he was dying. She was on the phone with the emergency services at this point and said she was told to place him on the floor and start chest compressions. The ambulance arrived at the scene within around seven minutes.

Paramedics spent 45 minutes trying to save Mr Jones, but tragically he was pronounced dead at the scene. It was reported that Mr Jones suffered a cardiac arrest after the attack.

Mr Jones pictured with dog involved in the attack, Cookie-Doe
Mr Jones pictured with dog involved in the attack, Cookie-Doe

In a social media post, Ms Fong thanked the emergency services for their help on what she described as the worst day of her life.

Cookie-Doe, a type of crossbreed American bull terrier was euthanised by a vet after the incident.

Ms Fong said on social media: "I want to thank North Wales ambulance service, air ambulance, North Wales Police, and their special dog handling team. But after working on Keven for 45mins he didn't take another breath.

"Today has been the worst day of my life. I have had to watch two men who I love so much take their last breath. I can't shake the feeling of Keven's blood off my hands and all I can hear in my head is Cookie's cries."

"Cookie did not attack Keven, he's a big boy and plays too rough. Please respect Josh and his family, myself, and my family at this absolutely heartbreaking time. Cookie was euthanised in the back garden by a trained vet and the other dogs were checked by the dog handling team, our special girl fire was taken as she has an athletic build however the rest they were happy with and they are all tucked up in bed."

A spokesperson for the Welsh Ambulance Trust said yesterday: "We were called to reports of a medical emergency in the Holt Road area of Wrexham. We sent three emergency ambulances, two rapid response vehicles, and the Wales Air Ambulance to the scene."

A North Wales Police spokesperson said: "An investigation into this incident remains ongoing and officers are liaising with the family of the deceased."

Three-Year-Old Daniel Twigg Was Tragically Killed In A Dog Attack On Sunday In Rochdale, England


Thanks for subscribing!