TRAGEDY As 8-Year-Old Boy Dies After Getting Trapped Between Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
An 8-year-old boy from Texas has died after becoming trapped between a washing machine and dryer while playing at a family member's home in Coolidge, Georgia, while on vacation.
An 8-year-old boy has tragically lost his life after getting trapped between a dryer and a washing machine while playing hide and seek at the home of one of his relatives.
Wrangler Hendrix was found "wedged between a washer and dryer" by his family on Friday while he was playing in Coolidge, Georgia, with his cousins, police said.
The young boy died from suspected positional asphyxiation, Captain Tim Watkins, from the Thomas County Sheriff’s Office said. An official autopsy to confirm the cause of death was expected to be performed on Wednesday. Officers responded to a call at the property at around 6.15pm on Friday.
Wrangler's family performed CPR, which emergency services continued once they arrived at the scene.
Mr Watkins told WCTV that Wrangler briefly responded to attempts to resuscitate him, but became unresponsive shortly after.
The 8-year-old was rushed to Archbold Memorial Hospital in Thomasville where he was sadly pronounced dead at 7.28pm.
Judith Engleman, the boy's bus driver said in a post: "My heart breaks for all of you. Praying for peace and comfort for you during these dark days. Wrangler was a sweetheart.
"He was so well-mannered and took care of his sister. They were so excited about their trip and the beach. We joked about wearing lots of sunscreen as they got off the bus.
"Rest in heavenly peace, Wrangler."